Be in touch - instantly and effectively:
Office Communicator makes it possible for you to communicate quickly, easily and effectively with colleagues through your PC in real time. It doesn’t matter whether you are in the same office or at a different location. You avoid the time and cost involved in trying to track down your colleagues whereabouts, get a quick update on an outstanding issue or travelling to internal meetings – which usually only last an hour or so!
What does Office Communicator do?
Office Communicator simplifies and streamlines your communications by putting existing business applications and services such as instant messaging, video, audio and web conferencing, Live Meeting and desktop sharing at your fingertips. This enables you to hold face-to-face meetings to discuss projects, share documents and desktops, and view presentations with your colleagues, without ever having to leave your desk. Features Include:
- Instant messaging with text chat and file transfer - allowing real time information to be shared between employees immediately
- Group chat - communicate with the right people, right now
- Presence - your colleagues will be able to see if you're busy, on a call or in a meeting. So they will know when you're ready and available to communicate
- Desktop sharing which enables people to see other people's desktops - ideal for working on documents as you would in a meeting
- Voice and video conferencing
- Live Meeting - meetings can be easily scheduled in Outlook or to take place immediately. You can make remote meetings as effective as face to face ones, reducing the cost of travel and time
How does Office Communicator work?
Office Communicator monitors your ‘presence’ to check availability, so you can choose the most effective way to get in touch. And it’s quick because you don’t have to spend time trying to track down colleagues, even if they are based at another location or out visiting customers!
How much does it cost?
- Just £7.99 per user per month
- No extra costs for software, servers or maintenance and no set up fees
- Choice of 12, 24 or 36 month contracts
What do you need to access this service?
- Astute will provide you with the 'software client' to download in order to get the Communicator icon on your desktop and also to integrate with Outlook and access Live Meeting
In order to use all the features of Office Communicator the following are required:
- You will need to ensure your data connection has enough bandwidth to handle the large volumes required for voice, video and Live Meeting conferences. If your connectivity is not sufficient, this can affect the quality of experience or in some cases the features will not be accessible to you
- You will need to check with your ISP to ensure your connectivity, router and relevant firewalls can support this service
- Microsoft Outlook is our recommended email platform to get the full features and functionality of Office Communicator
- Mac users - Office Communicator on Mac is unsupported at this time until full testing has taken place
- Office Communicator works with most Windows Mobile devices that are running either Windows 6.0, 6.1 or 6.5
- Mobile Communicator for Java runs on Nokia S40 phones capable of running Java Applications
- Using Office Communicator via the mobile application is unsupported on BlackBerry at this time, although customers on BES 5.0 should be able to utilise Mobile Communicator